Our by no means exhaustive list of recommendations can easily be topped up by searching the web as bit of research will quickly give you updated lists of what can be found.
- Putsborough Beach is a local favourite, and everyone loves the bright painted beach huts at Woolacombe Bay.
- The Victorian Bathing Tunnels at Ilfracombe are another 'must-see'.
Surfing & Sea Kayaking
- Surfing: North Devon is famous for surfing. The North Devon Surf School is one of many popular venues. For more information, see www.northdevonsurfschool.co.uk or www.woolacombetourism.co.uk.
- Kayaking: Check out a live webcam such as Sea Kayaking - Tuition and guide, launching from Ilfracombe, www.seakayakingsouthwest.co.uk.
Excursions & safaris
- Experience Exmoor: up to 6 people can be collected from Hartpiece for day-long excursions. www.experienceexmoor.co.uk.
- Electric Bikes: North Devon is hilly. Battery assisted bikes can be delivered directly to Hartpiece. www.experienceexmoor.co.uk.
Angling, sea fishing or charters:
- Blakewell Fisheries: Close by Blakewell Fisheries is excellent for fly fishing. www.blakewell.co.uk.
- Fishing is a popular and varied local sport. www.fishnorthdevon.com.
- Sea Fishing Trips out of Ilfracombe are a good way to see the spectacular coast or even venture to Lundy Island. visitilfracombe.co.uk or bristolchannelcharters.co.uk.
- Walking is so popular there is even a festival in late April to celebrate walking. www.exmoorwalkingfestival.co.uk.
- Popular walks are along the Tarka Trail, Southwest Coats path, through the Braunton Burrows Biosphere Reserve and Exmoor National Park. Free maps can be downloaded on www.walkingindevon.co.uk.
Culture - Museums, Theatres, Art
For concerts and events we recommend booking online.